Olivia surprised me with an early gift for over the mantel.
I love this phrase from the song, Come Thou Fount.
This is my heart’s plea…”never more to wander from Thee”.
Now I know our home is a bit different because my husband is a handyman, carpenter, and junkyard extraordinaire (a little sarcasm in that last one) and I am a crafty person so we usually have all kinds of junk…I mean supplies around. But even if you don’t have a bunch
junk supplies around these take so little to make I bet you may even have a grandparent, an uncle or a neighbor that have these supplies in their garage.
- A piece of wood, even a rough piece can be sanded down to make it smooth. Think lightweight, perhaps a use for that pallet wood.
- Some wood stain, I like the dark so the words really stick out. Stain it, you can even use a rag if you don’t have a brush, and it takes so little stain you can buy a small can and it will go a looooong way! Let it dry for several hours.
- A small craft paint brush
- Some craft paint
- Use a very light pencil mark or chalk mark to make a straight line.
- Add a favorite verse, a phrase, perhaps a family name and the year the family was established, good quotes, or something humorous …be creative.
- Make them big or small… it’s a gift to please all.
This is another sign she made…which I love!
This is my friend Robin’s door and her family name overhead.
A great way to give generously without breaking the bank.