The beginning of the new year often gives us the added push we need to think differently and to try new things. I love New Years Day, I guess for the same reason I like Mondays, it’s a fresh start!
I urge you to get a notebook and start writing down some plans, even if you don’t reach all your goals at least you are working toward something!
Creative people also have a tendency to be impulsive and do only what they want to do at that moment (that’s ME), I think that’s sometimes called procrastination. But there are also people who won’t ever try anything new because they may fail or it does not fit in their schedule. There has to be a balance, so keep that in mind as you plan out your next year.
Just simply making a plan points you in the right direction,
even if you do get a little sidetracked from time to time!
Here are some suggestions for areas that may need some planning:
- Consistent Bible reading
- Memory Verses
- Financial: Savings, giving, investing, budget
- Areas to be more frugal
- Skills to be learned to be more self-sufficient
- Menu Planning
- Book List
Guard Your Time!
- If you have a home business the number one thing you must guard is your time. The more you can get organized and find ways to save time the better off you’ll be.
- Do not neglect your family for the sake of your business.
- Limit outside commitments.
Here is a FANTASTIC Check List for Bloggers
7 Habits of Highly Organized People – This is one area I need to improve on.
Benefits of Creating a Business Plan – Some things to consider.
Dave Ramsey- Best resource for anything money related.
Many are the plans in a man’s heart,
but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.
I did not reach a lot of my 2011 business goals, partly because our area was it with a deadly tornado that just consumed us all for most of this year. It’s great to have a plan/goals, but sometimes God will point us in another direction and we need to be flexible enough to do what is before us.
I did meet many of my personal goals for 2011, not so much with the business goals:
Teaching Good Things 2011 Goals:
- More DVDs – none
- Tutorials – did post several
- Classes – did a summer full of classes
- Speaking – did workshops at the State convention
One thing I am very thankful for is that our site traffic has more then doubled!
Teaching Good Things 2012 Business Goals:
- Produce 1 e-book or DVD each month
- Summer Classes
- A mission trip to a foreign country to help teach kills
- More ways to give to the needy
- Co-host a conference (this is in the works!)
- Vendor at more conferences
- More cross promotions
- Stick to a schedule
2012 Personal Goals :
many carried over from last year
Seek to hate my own sin!
Learn not to be easily offended.
Grow in Wisdom-
- Pray more
- Read more
- Study more
- Listen more
- SPEAK LESS
Ways to accomplish this:
- Do not turn the computer on until I have read and prayed.
- Load and listen to more books/lectures/sermons using my mp3 player.
- Read through the whole Bible this year.
- Place more books in readable places, all end tables, night stands, bathroom, in the van…
- When asked to give my opinion about something, pause and think if I should really answer.
Write More Letters, 4-5 a month.
- Have cards, stationary, stamps, pens, calendar, addresses in one place.
- Get all the pictures and journaling into scrapbooks/photo books for the kids. If God chooses to take me home this year I want a good family record left for them.
Spend Less, Save More
- Plan better for meals, use Mondays for bookkeeping (business and personal), clip coupons/internet deal sites.
- Do not over commit to activities outside the home.
- Shop only once a week!
Tie Heart Strings
- Spend more time romancing my husband.
- Find ways to help my children grow in skills (business and practical).
Be Alert to Needs
- Flexibility is so important.
Skills to Learn/Improve On:
- Bread Making
Loose Weight/Get Strong
- Continue going to the gym 4-5 times a week.
- Limit sugars and pasta/bread for special occasions.
Latest posts by Kathy (see all)
- Gotcha! 1 Year Ago! - January 29, 2013
- Week in Review- 1/26/13: Well Pleased? - January 26, 2013
- Food for the Sick – Suggestions and Tips - January 22, 2013
- Week in Review- 1/19/13: SNOW and Lovebirds! - January 19, 2013
- Real Stories of Young Entrepreneurs – Make Your Hobby Your Business - January 14, 2013