I didn’t do as good as I had planned this week when it came to the eating part of my fitness plan. We ended up with sore throats and colds here which makes it hard to eat anything raw. When you don’t feel good you just gotta have something warm and comforting. But I did stick to my cardio plan pretty good.
I do try drink juice several times a week. Drinking fresh juice and exercise really boots my energy level!
I recorded this little video clip to show how I make my juice.
The benefits of juicing:
- The juice requires little digestion if you remove the pulp which means that it gets in your system fast!
- When you juice you are usually taking in more fruit and/or vegetables than you normally would.
- Juicing helps to detoxify your liver and kidneys.
These are my goals, in red are the ones I actually met:
- Gym 4 days a week (40-45 minutes cardio, 15 minutes weight resistance) Did 3 days
- Outside walk 2 days a week, non-gym days (45-60 minute walk)
- Pool 1 time a week (at least 10 laps)
- Pilates 2 times a week
Nutrition (nutrition is 70% of the battle):
- Avoid sugar, white flour and white rice five days a week …
- Eat mainly fruits and vegetables, cooked, raw and juiced 4 days a week.
- 100 ounces of water a day, every day! About half of this. :/
- 5000 iu Vitamin D each day
- Pray for strength, wisdom and focus
- Watch or read something related to good nutrition at least twice a week – motivation - Watched Ingredients on Netflix.
- Sit in the sun for 10-15 minutes a day when possible. Twice this week.
- Go to bed by 10:00 every night
The Fitness Kick-Start Team:
Mrs. White – The Legacy of Home (giving away a$10 Walmart Gift Card Giveaway, Lilla Rose Hair Clip)
Shannon – Mom Loves Books
Gina – A Cherished Keeper
Briana – I Can’t Decide
Heather – Marine Corps Nomads (giving way Natural House Probiotic Cleaning Products)
Susan – Homeschooling Hearts and Minds
Dawn – Guiding Light Homeschool
Renita – Weighing Hearts
Angie – Petra School
Kathy – Teaching Good Things