It may sound real cliche’ but there are a couple of things you really NEED to do if you want to strengthen your family economy.
First, no matter what your present situation, give thanks, even if you are in a real crummy situation that feels hopeless. Being in this situation can, if you let it, make you realize that there changes are necessary. This can push you into trying new things. Remember God works ALL things for the good of those who love Him and to bring glory to Him.
Second, ask God to give you wisdom.
- Pray individually, pray with your spouse, pray as a family, all of you holding hands and kneeling.
- Ask Him to show you in what areas you need to make changes. Some areas may need cutting back.
- Ask Him to show you how you can increase your family income.
- Seek counsel from wiser people.
- Search out the Scriptures about His promises to take of His own.
- Wait for clear direction.
What works for one family may not work for another family. Everyone has their unique gifts and talents.
So if you are pulling your hair out trying to figure out what to do, be still, give thanks and pray.
I am also linked over at The Legacy of the Home.