Last Saturday we hosted the first Heritage of Hope Costume Ball.
This ball was to help us raise funds for the adoptions of our 3 children we have been caring for for the last 8 months.
It was a GREAT SUCCESS!
We had about 250-300 people.
We saw so many friends that we have not seen in a while…
and met many, many new friends!
This ball was packed with so much emotion for us,
not just the fact of raising funds for our adoptions,
but it was at a similar ball we hosted 2 years ago,
in this very building that Emma and Josh actually met.
Josh was out of town this past week and we didn’t expect to be able to see him again until Thanksgiving, but he made a SURPRISE appearance!
(Josh, Emma and our son Josh)
This was our 5th ball that we’ve hosted. What I love most is that they are family events.
It is a wholesome way for families and especially young people to get to meet others and have a great time! And I really love when the fathers dance with their daughters!
Thank you to everyone who came out to support this event! Our hope is to host one ball a year to help fund adoptions for other families.
You can see the rest of the pictures from the ball HERE!
Latest posts by Kathy (see all)
- Gotcha! 1 Year Ago! - January 29, 2013
- Week in Review- 1/26/13: Well Pleased? - January 26, 2013
- Food for the Sick – Suggestions and Tips - January 22, 2013
- Week in Review- 1/19/13: SNOW and Lovebirds! - January 19, 2013
- Real Stories of Young Entrepreneurs – Make Your Hobby Your Business - January 14, 2013