If you receive an invitation with an RSVP request, it is proper etiquette to respond. It is best to reply as soon as possible and keep your response brief letting the host know whether you are accepting or declining, including any other information asked for in the RSVP.
A response to an invitation is important for the host of an event because it allows them to be prepared the amount of people who are expected to attend. This is especially important for occasions that are catered. A host will always want to have enough food for everyone.
If it is a formal invitation with a response card and envelope, then it is best to use that. If the response card gives other information of how to respond, phone number, email or e-vite address, then you should respond accordingly.
If you receive an invitation without RSVP information it is still good to let that person know whether you plan to accept or not, something as simple as an email or phone call will do.
Latest posts by Kathy (see all)
- Are All Essential Oils Created Equal? + win The Essential Oils Handbook - March 5, 2013
- The Importance of Responding to an RSVP - March 4, 2013
- Learning Comes Naturally When You Let It - March 1, 2013
- Shower of Blessings – Rustic and Relaxed - February 24, 2013
- How to Achieve Less Chaos in Your Life – Part 1 - February 22, 2013